The Manitoba Association for Rights and Liberties
Expand your knowledge of human rights and key human rights issues with the Manitoba Association for Rights and Liberties (MARL)!
In Manitoba and Canada, two pieces of legislation focus on human rights.
- The Manitoba Human Rights Code protects people and groups in Manitoba from discrimination.
- The Canada Human Rights Act protects people and groups in Canada from discrimination and harassment.
At MARL, we take an education-based approach to addressing the human rights issues in Manitoba and Canada. We are here to have open, honest, and at times, much-needed uncomfortable conversations to continue to bring awareness to human rights challenges in the Province of Manitoba and beyond. Our work involves workshops, community events, educational resources, and much more!
MARL is dedicated to:
- Raising awareness: Focusing strongly on youth empowerment through workshops and activities that measurably increase awareness of human rights and civil liberties.
- Making a difference: With the ultimate goal of societal shift, MARL influences government and public institutional policy changes to reflect and protect human rights in Manitoba.
- Community involvement: MARL facilitates dialogue about human rights and civil liberties to build an informed and engaged community.